PerTronix’s lineup of electronic ignition products grows again with the introduction of the PerTronix Ignitor II for most automotive, marine, industrial and agricultural applications.
The PerTronix Ignitor II uses a powerful micro controller with adaptive dwell algorithms resulting in the following features and benefits:·
- The Ignitor II senses current levels in the coil and adjusts the dwell to maintain peak energy throughout the entire RPM range. Dwell time is increased or decreased with changing engine RPM and operating conditions. This provides more energy at high RPM reducing misfires while improving engine performance.
- Compared to point type systems, develops on average 4 times more available energy between 3000 and 5000 RPM and 2 times more available plug voltage.
- Higher RPM performance is improved when used with new Flame-Thrower II super low resistance (0.6 ohms) 45,000 volt coil, however, is compatible with any induction coil that is 0.6 ohms.
- Because peak current level is reached just prior to spark, ignition energy is sustained with less heat build-up increasing coil and module life.
- Adjusts spark timing over the entire RPM range to compensate for the inherent electronic delay resulting in more stable timing.
- Senses engine startup and increases dwell time providing more energy for starting sparks.
- Senses incorrectly wired Ignitor II or a “key left on” condition and shuts down the system protecting the coil and other components from damage.
- Shares all the same form features as the Ignitor i.e. electronics molded in epoxy for better foul weather performance, no moving or rubbing parts to wear out, fits entirely inside the distributor, no “black box” to clutter your engine compartment, no complicated wiring makes installation easy, compatible with 12-volt negative ground systems and comes with a 30 month warranty.
- California Air Resources Board E.O. #D-57-8, legal in all 50 states and Canada.
This product is in the following categories:
Ignition Controls and Systems
Part #: 91146A
Marine Application 4 Cyl. Mercruiser 470 Delco
Part #: 91162A
6 Cyl. GM Cars and Trucks 1961-1974
Part #: 91163A
6 Cyl. John Deere Dist.#1112624, 1112466
Part #: 91181
8 Cyl. 1957-74 GM Cars and Trucks
Part #: 91261
6 Cyl. Most Ford Cars and Trucks 1968-1974
Part #: 91281
8 Cyl. Ford Cars and Trucks 1957-1974
Part #: 91284
8 Cyl. Ford Most 1960-1972 Dual Points
Part #: 91361A
6 Cyl. Chrysler Cars and Trucks 1960-1972
Part #: 91381A
8 Cyl. Chrysler Cars and Trucks 1962-1972 with Chrysler Distributor
Part #: 91541
4 Cyl. International
Part #: 91542
4 Cyl. John Deere Dist# IBT-4101L, R, S
Part #: 91581
8 cyl. Marine Application
Part #: 91582
8 cyl. Marine Application, Call with your application.
Part #: 9ML181
Marine Application 8 cyl. Mercruiser from Serial #3385721
Part #: 9ML-181
IGNITOR II Mallory 25, 26, YD, YL series distributors non vacuum, 8 CYL
Part #: 9ML183
Marine Applicaton Replaces Unilite #605 Module