Click On Image To Enlarge
Pertronix Ignitor Holly 8cyl, Vacuum advance distributor Clockwise rotation. Electronic ignition For over thirty years, The Ignitor II has many of the same great features that the Ignitor has, but its smarter. Ignitor II units sense the coil current level and use a powerful micro controller to adjust the dwell. Variable dwell helps to maintain peak energy throughout the entire RPM range. Ignitor II systems develop up to 4 times more energy between 3000 and 5000 RPM than standard ignition systems. High RPM performance is improved when used with the Flame-Thrower II super low resistance (0.6 ohms) 45,000 volt coils Ignitor II applications can not be used with solid core ignition wires
- Adaptive dwell maintains peak energy throughout the entire RPM range, reducing misfires while improving engine performance.
- Develops on average 4 times more available energy between 3000 and 5000 RPM, and 2 times more available plug voltage.
- Compensates for inherent electronic delay by adjusting the spark timing throughout the entire RPM range.
- Synchronized peak current and spark timing reduces heat build-up.
- Senses startup and develops more energy for quicker, easier starting.
- Built in reverse polarity and over current protection shuts down the system, preventing component damage.
- Legal in all 50 states and Canada. (C.A.R.B. E.O. #D-57-22)
- Guaranteed for 30 months... Pertronix Stands Behind It!
||Vacuum and mechanical
|CARB EO Number
||D-57-2 (pdf)To see a list of qualifying vehicles, enter CARB EO Number D-57-2
|CARB EO Number
|Conversion Kit Trigger Style
||Electronic Distributor Conversion Kits
||PerTronix Ignitor II® Solid-State Ignition Systems
||Sold as a kit.